We specialize in cross-border tax services for Canadians and Americans.

If you are considering a move to the US, you should contact us before your move in order to take the necessary planning steps to minimize your taxes.

We can assist you with the following:

  • Filing a Canadian departure return
  • Filing form T1161 "List of Properties by an Emigrant of Canada"
  • Filing form T1243 Deemed Disposition of Property by an Emigrant of Canada"
  • Determining options for your RRSP
  • Implications of holding a TFSA
  • Implications of holding an RESP
  • Disposition of your principal residence
  • US tax filing options in the year of your move
  • Other US reporting obligations